Handheld vacuum cleaners are the best cleaning tools for your hardwood floor. Hardwood floors are pretty much a luxury nowadays, so it requires proper cleaning to keep it generally durable and elegant. Caring for your hardwood floors well and giving it the respect it deserves is essential in to make it attractive and last longer.
When buying a new vacuum cleaner, you need to have a clear image in your head of what exactly to search for. In other words, you won’t find the best vacuum for hardwood floors unless you understand the kind of vacuum cleaner that a hardwood floor demands.
The Need For a Good Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
A handheld vacuum cleaner is one of the most important tools every home must have. It is the perfect daily tool to make your work easy in taking off dust, pet hair, and other tiny dirt fragments from you’re your hardwood floor. You may also use it for your carpets, furniture and in all the nook and crannies of your house. With a clean, dust-free environment, you ensure that you live healthy in a healthy surrounding.
Considerations For Choosing The Right Portable Vacuum
There are some important considerations that you need to understand in order to select the best handheld vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floors.
- The Size – Larger handheld vacuums usually gives you more freedom because it come with more features that you can choose such as hose attachments, which is best when cleaning the corners and other hard-to-reach areas of your hardwood floors. Smaller handheld cleaners on the other hand, are very lightweight and can be conveniently packed for easy cleanups.
- The Price – You should set your price range prior to your hunt for the best handheld vacuum for your hardwood floors.Although the most expensive are not always the best ones, you need to spend time going over the features of different handheld vacuum within various price ranges so that you can get the best deal possible for your budget.
- The Style – You must also consider the style of the handheld vacuum—whether corded or cordless. Cordless handheld vacuum provides for more flexibility and maneuverability especially when you are cleaning the hardwood floor areas underneath the rugs or carpets. On the other hand, corded handheld vacuums are more powerful and do not require recharging.
Taking Care of Your Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Handheld vacuum cleaners must be properly used to preserve its functionality and useful life.
- Keep it fully charged – If you are using cordless handheld vacuum cleaner, you must keep it fully charged all the time to prevent it from being jammed at flat-footed when in use.
- Keep secure surface distance – When cleaning your hardwood floor, you must maintain a safe distance of at least once inch above your floor surface. Doing such will prevent scratches on your precious hardwood floor as well as on your vacuum’s surface.
- Only use on dry surface – Unless otherwise indicated, never use your handheld vacuum to clean up wet hardwood floor surfaces as moisture can cause motor damage on your equipment.
- Clean Properly – To maintain the suction power always on a high gear, you must clean the equipment after each use.
Getting rid of pet hair from hardwood floors can be quite a chore. There doesn’t seem to be a boundary when it comes to this and the hair ends up anywhere and everywhere in the house.
Thanks to pet vacuums, eradicating the hair from your home can be done with ease. When looking for the best wood floor vacuum for pet hair, you want to find one that is:
- Effective at cleaning pet hair and other debris
- Able to clean the floor without staining or scratching
- Cost and time effective
- Of minimal complexity
Tips For Selecting a Good Vacuum
- Vacuuming on wood floors is a challenge as the pet hair tends to blow away even before getting sucked in. To avoid this, avoid vacuum cleaners with large head path of vacuum and also with more suction concentration. With cleaners equipped with tools for changing the suction levels, like a suction ring, to set for pet hair, debris like sand, leaves, paper and so on, the cleaning is more beneficial on wooden floors.
- Certain cleaners are equipped with pet hair tool and design like V-shape to ensure suction right into the cleaner rather than brushing off the sides. The cleaning is optimum.
- Avoid vacuum cleaners with roller brushes when using it on wooden floors as they tend to scrape the floor. If you have a combination of carpet and wood flooring, switch off the brush on wooden floor. Usually vacuum canisters employ a tool wherein the roller brush function can be disabled for hardwood floors.
- If the cleaner is bag-less, its cost and time effective, as there is no hassle of changing the bags afterwards. These are also effective with no escaping of pet dander while changing the bags. Employ a light weighted cleaner for easy use.
- Rubber wheels in the cleaner are another friendly feature for wooden floors as they go easy on them.
- Certain cleaners are equipped with dust attractants which help in sucking dust even for a longer distance like under the furniture etc. Some of them have filters like high efficiency particle accumulators- HEPA, which work very well for pet’s hair.
- Vacuum cleaners with attachments effective for floors, curtains, furniture and so on are another set which will equip for all stations of the house for effective cleaning with pet hair. These usually have attachment for wood floor cleaning and steam cleaning later.
- Do not forget to see the suction volume and storage volume of the cleaner to ensure larger suction for huge hair amount and storage inside the cleaner.
- Lower maintenance and long lasting vacuums is an add-on feature as they are time effective. Cleaning the brushes, trays, collect-ins and double checking the post cleaning is also a hassle, hence, reduce it to minimum while choosing a vacuum.
List of Some Of The Best Vacuums
- Miele S4212 Neptune
- Electrolux EL6986A Ultra Silencer
- Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind -Upright Vacuum (Bagless)
- BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Vacuum
- Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled-Upright Vacuum (Pet-Hair Tool and Bagless)
- Eureka Pet Lover Oh! – Upright Vacuum (Bagless)
- Dyson DC35 Animal Digital Slim (Cordless, Pet Hair Tool)
- Miele S7260 Cat & Dog Vacuum Cleaner- Upright
- Eureka Mighty Mite
- iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot
Visit www.homestadna.com for more information on how to pick the best hardwood floor vacuum regardless of what your specific needs are.