Handheld vacuum cleaners are the best cleaning tools for your hardwood floor. Hardwood floors are pretty much a luxury nowadays, so it requires proper cleaning to keep it generally durable and elegant. Caring for your hardwood floors well and giving it the respect it deserves is essential in to make it attractive and last longer.
When buying a new vacuum cleaner, you need to have a clear image in your head of what exactly to search for. In other words, you won’t be able to obtain the “Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors” until you fully understand the kind of vacuum cleaner that a hardwood floor needs.
The Need For a Good Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
A handheld vacuum cleaner is one of the most important tools every home must have. It is the perfect daily tool to make your work easy in taking off dust, pet hair, and other tiny dirt fragments from you’re your hardwood floor. You may also use it for your carpets, furniture and in all the nook and crannies of your house. With a clean, dust-free environment, you ensure that you live healthy in a healthy surrounding.
Considerations For Choosing The Right Portable Vacuum
There are some important considerations that you need to understand in order to select the best handheld vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floors.
- The Size – Larger handheld vacuums usually gives you more freedom because it come with more features that you can choose such as hose attachments, which is best when cleaning the corners and other hard-to-reach areas of your hardwood floors. Smaller handheld cleaners on the other hand, are very lightweight and can be conveniently packed for easy cleanups.
- The Price – You should set your price range prior to your hunt for the best handheld vacuum for your hardwood floors.Although the most expensive are not always the best ones, you need to spend time going over the features of different handheld vacuum within various price ranges so that you can get the best deal possible for your budget.
- The Style – You must also consider the style of the handheld vacuum—whether corded or cordless. Cordless handheld vacuum provides for more flexibility and maneuverability especially when you are cleaning the hardwood floor areas underneath the rugs or carpets. On the other hand, corded handheld vacuums are more powerful and do not require recharging.
Taking Care of Your Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Handheld vacuum cleaners must be properly used to preserve its functionality and useful life.
- Keep it fully charged – If you are using cordless handheld vacuum cleaner, you must keep it fully charged all the time to prevent it from being jammed at flat-footed when in use.
- Keep secure surface distance – When cleaning your hardwood floor, you must maintain a safe distance of at least once inch above your floor surface. Doing such will prevent scratches on your precious hardwood floor as well as on your vacuum’s surface.
- Only use on dry surface – Unless otherwise indicated, never use your handheld vacuum to clean up wet hardwood floor surfaces as moisture can cause motor damage on your equipment.
- Clean Properly – To maintain the suction power always on a high gear, you must clean the equipment after each use.