Getting rid of pet hair from hardwood floors can be quite a chore. There doesn’t seem to be a boundary when it comes to this and the hair ends up anywhere and everywhere in the house.
Thanks to pet vacuums, eradicating the hair from your home can be done with ease. When looking for the good pet vacuum, you want to find one that is:
- Effective at cleaning hair and other debris
- Able to clean the floor without staining or scratching
- Cost and time effective
- Of minimal complexity
Tips For Selecting a Good Machine
- Vacuuming on wood floors is a challenge as animal hair tends to blow away even before getting sucked in. To avoid this, avoid cleaners with large heads and also with more suction concentration. With cleaners equipped with tools for changing the suction levels, like a suction ring, to set for hair, debris like sand, leaves, paper and so on, the cleaning is more beneficial on wooden floors. Concentrate on features that are suitable for dealing with delicate wood floor surfaces.
- Certain cleaners are equipped with pet tools and design like V-shape to ensure suction right into the cleaner rather than brushing off the sides. The cleaning is optimum.
- Avoid vacuums with roller brushes when using it on wooden floors as they tend to scrape the floor. If you have a combination of carpet and wood flooring, switch off the brush on wooden floor. Usually vacuum canisters employ a tool wherein the roller brush function can be disabled for hardwood.
- If the cleaner is bag-less, its cost and time effective, as there is no hassle of changing the bags afterwards. These are also effective with no escaping of pet dander while changing the bags. Employ a light weighted cleaner for easy use.
- Rubber wheels in the cleaner are another friendly feature for wooden floors as they go easy on them.
- Certain cleaners are equipped with dust attractants which help in sucking dust even for a longer distance like under the furniture etc. Some of them have filters like high efficiency particle accumulators- HEPA, which work very well for pet’s hair.
- Cleaners with attachments effective for floors, curtains, furniture and so on are another set which will equip for all stations of the house for effective cleaning with hair. These usually have attachment for wood floor cleaning and steam cleaning later.
- Do not forget to see the suction volume and storage volume of the cleaner to ensure larger suction for huge hair amount and storage inside the cleaner.
- Lower maintenance and long lasting vacuums is an add-on feature as they are time effective. Cleaning the brushes, trays, collect-ins and double checking the post cleaning is also a hassle, hence, reduce it to minimum.
Vacuum cleaners that are specialized for cleaning pet hair do cost more than regular vacuums, but the amount of time you save, the hassle you avoid, and the motivation you get to clean after your pets is usually well worth this cost. This is an area where paying a bit extra for a specialty cleaner is actually worth it because of the immense benefits you get.
To help you get started in the right direction, below is a list of some vacuums that are worth taking a look into. The best one will depend on a number of factors, and the easiest way to determine this is to check them out on large shopping websites like Amazon.com and see what other customers are saying about it, especially the customers who have a similar pet as you.
List of Some Of The Best Vacuums
- Miele S4212 Neptune
- Electrolux EL6986A Ultra Silencer
- Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind (Bagless)
- BISSELL PowerEdge Pet
- Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled-Upright
- Eureka Pet Lover Oh! – Upright (Bagless)
- Dyson DC35 Animal Digital Slim
- Miele S7260 Cat & Dog – Upright
- Eureka Mighty Mite
- iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot